Terror has become synonymous with religion, in all aspects. By religion's terror links, I do not mean only the saffron versus green crescent fracas which has been on since before I was born. The latest religion of the world has been struck by terror. Cricket- the universal religion- or so it has been claimed to be by many- took a hit from gun-men's bullets- at the place which used to be part of our Motherland a six odd decades ago.
The facts of the matter, I need not present, for there are approximately 5 to 6 news channels which will air, 24X7 at least for the next couple of weeks, the video grabs of the terrorists shooting out at the Srilankan team which was touring Pakistan, with excited journalists in the foreground narrating the happenings and posing questions like " Was this a failed abduction plan?", "Will all the gunmen be caught?" never omitting the newly evolved punch - "SMS your comments to ------ ".
First of all, I was dumbstruck when I saw those videos of men (who must not have seen life before 1980 at the least) shooting freely at the van, hurting many, killing half a dozen cops and two civilians, while they themselves got away scot-free, on MOTORBIKES!! Wow!! What a protective nation Pakistan is, of its fearless citizens like these gun-wielding men!
The cricket grounds of Pakistan will not meet foreign shoes' soles for the next couple of years at the least. Well, this should not bother those brave youngsters, should it? After all, they have put a temporary stop to the development of a mere game that was threatening to be a universal religion. And no religion other than their own one should flourish, should it??
1 comment:
I liked it.....
Post a Comment