The one-month-old year has provided me with quite a versatile set of days. A good mix of happiness, anger, dejection and silly enjoyment.
While JMET and FMS made me happy in the first week of January, the Feline Queen was let out of the bag in another week's time and it has generated a wide range of reactions from me.
Anyway, I am looking forward to my D-days- two in Feb and three in March. It does look like every other experience shall culminate as a training for the Big day on March 31.
These days, as I run around with SoPs, CVs, Reference Letters and Bonafide Certificates, I realize that there is just one main and ultimate subject I need to be thorough with... "I, Me, Myself"
Surprising as it sounds, this happens to be one of the toughest parts for a considerable section of the aspirants. There is no Wikipedia or Google to help you out in this aspect. Well, to most of us- the spoilt brats of today's techie world- answers have been provided by the Internet for far too long that introspection has become just another word in the dictionary, used when appropriate in GDs and Essays but never practised. I have seen some posts in PagalGuy asking for "good answers to Why MBA"!
Is this not a matter of our own choice? It is possible that 100% clarity may not exist in most of our minds. But those gaping holes need to be plugged into. I am enjoying the process, despite the occasional off-mood moments caused due to meaningless apprehensions. Only these moments cause exhilaration when I find answers to those very doubts from within my own self.
Another important aspect in life, I have come to realise, is Passion. The Great Indian Mould, which churns out Engineers and Doctors in plentitude, erodes the once-cherished dreams of many an adolescent heart. One such example I know of is a girl who is sitting in front of this computer right now. But she is on the road to self-discovery and is very excited about it.
With a lot more to be found from deep within herself and also from Wikipedia , Ayn Rand and certain Eco-Fin enlightened souls like Roshni, she signs off from Blogosphere for the time being. :)
7 comments:
Shilpa, far far from enlightenment! Fellow-aspirant is more like it..
& I agree with you.. This whole process of introspection & self-discovery is getting to be very fruitful (in spite of causing exasperation at times).. Believe me, we're going to be very thankful for this all thro' our lives..
& in my case, my heartfelt gratitude to a couple of people who're facilitating this journey..
Good post, Shilp.. Echoed a lot of my own feelings..
I'm happy that I don't have such apprehensions but at the same time I wish I were on that path of self-discovery. Oxymoronic feeling!
Good one :)
Thank you Rosh & Bala :)
Bala, you can always start on that path! Who said that IIM calls only should make you introspect?? :-/
uhn?? There is no self-discovery without a purpose!
If you need a purpose to know your own self fully, Bala, here it is: You are a Human Being gifted with six senses :) or so it seems ;P
Haha.. ;) ;) politician politician!!
:-D
Post a Comment