It was during a recent EVS class that this thought first hit me hard. The class was having fun, as usual, with Mr. SRK having given us the free rein he usually gives. "All this won't last long", told something within me. A few days later, someone casually said, "I'm scared to think of the future". Scared- an adjective I never use for myself - (well unless a lizard in considerable proximity glares at me menacingly) - seemed like it would describe my situation then too.
Inadvertently, the thoughts of "Where would I really be in another year?" started to gain a deeper perspective in my idling mind, to the extent that I had some kind of a gloomy dream even as I slept in a crowded bus on the way home one day and woke up feeling unnecessarily miserable.
Job or MBA- either way, will add a definite fullstop to the childish days and child-like ways. I will be expected to be a professional. My jumpy walk has to sober. My loud laughter has to tone down. No more pranks like tying up the duppattas of two girls sitting in front of you. Oh my!! And no freedom to doze off as per will like in class :-/
Why am I writing this now? Isn't it premature by a year?? Still, the serious placement preparations (by people around me of course) and the get-serious-about-CAT pep-talks I listen to, appear to have taken that element of carefree attitude away from me.
School was Heaven. Bliss. Then came college. It doesn't qualify as being even 10 percent as much great but I did enjoy a few precious moments in these three years. To think that the future will be even less entertaining is inexplicably sad.
Childhood- Adoloscence- the times of fun and frolic are slipping through my fingers and a future full of responsibilty (and unfinished Quant Books :-P) is beckoning...
P.S: Though I may think like a philosopher during post-lunch EVS classes and pre-lunch OS classes to fill up the blog-spaces like above, I am not yet ready to give up my childhood! A full year remains :)
Make Hay while the Sun Shines (or in my friend's words- "We have just reached the intermission. Sit back and enjoy the rest of the movie to the max!") :)
Inadvertently, the thoughts of "Where would I really be in another year?" started to gain a deeper perspective in my idling mind, to the extent that I had some kind of a gloomy dream even as I slept in a crowded bus on the way home one day and woke up feeling unnecessarily miserable.
Job or MBA- either way, will add a definite fullstop to the childish days and child-like ways. I will be expected to be a professional. My jumpy walk has to sober. My loud laughter has to tone down. No more pranks like tying up the duppattas of two girls sitting in front of you. Oh my!! And no freedom to doze off as per will like in class :-/
Why am I writing this now? Isn't it premature by a year?? Still, the serious placement preparations (by people around me of course) and the get-serious-about-CAT pep-talks I listen to, appear to have taken that element of carefree attitude away from me.
School was Heaven. Bliss. Then came college. It doesn't qualify as being even 10 percent as much great but I did enjoy a few precious moments in these three years. To think that the future will be even less entertaining is inexplicably sad.
Childhood- Adoloscence- the times of fun and frolic are slipping through my fingers and a future full of responsibilty (and unfinished Quant Books :-P) is beckoning...
P.S: Though I may think like a philosopher during post-lunch EVS classes and pre-lunch OS classes to fill up the blog-spaces like above, I am not yet ready to give up my childhood! A full year remains :)
Make Hay while the Sun Shines (or in my friend's words- "We have just reached the intermission. Sit back and enjoy the rest of the movie to the max!") :)
No comments:
Post a Comment